Checking out Materials
- Books – circulate for three weeks
- DVDs circulate for three days
- USB Player
- NEXT – access to the collections of 48 libraries, including Highland Community College
- HOOPLA – Movies, Music, Magazines, Comics, Audiobooks, eBooks, BingePasses, and Television
- Flipster - Magazines
- Cloud Library-you will need a State of Kansas Library eCard; contact the library, and we can issue you the free eCard.
- If you cannot find the resource material you need for your work, you can request to locate those materials at another library. Interlibrary loans are the terminology that references checking out books from another location.
- Students, faculty, staff, and community patrons may request interlibrary loans. Due to the high cost of interlibrary loans, there are rules involved: the Library expects the patron to make an honest effort to locate information within the HCC Library. No more than eight requests per person per week. Overdue materials will assess fines: The requester is responsible for any charges accrued during the item loan.
- The Library assistant may refuse to make an interlibrary loan if they feel the requester has abused the privilege of borrowing. After two requests per item have not been successful, the Library will decline to try again. No one should ask for interlibrary loans if the requester can obtain the item at another easily accessible library.
No interlibrary loan requests were accepted two weeks before the last day of the fall and spring semesters or summer sessions.
- Fifteen computers for both public and student use in the Library
- Two computers with access to Adobe Creative Cloud
- One computer designated for printing only
- One copier/printer for library use
- Twenty-four laptops are available for HCC students to check out in the library.
- HCC Student ID is required for checkout
- You may send a Fax from the Library for $1.00 per page.
- Black and white copies can be made for free.
- Up to ten color copies can be made for free. After that, each additional color copy is $0.50.