Checking out Materials
- Books – circulate for 3 weeks
- DVD’s circulate for 3 days
- USB Player
- NEXT – access to the collections of 48 libraries including Highland Community College
- HOOPLA – Movies, Music, Magazines, Comics, Audiobooks, eBooks, Great Courses, and Television
- Flipster - Magazines
- If you are unable to find resource material you need for your work, you can request to locate those materials at another library. Interlibrary loans is the terminology used to reference checking out books from another location.
- Students, faculty, staff, and community patrons may request interlibrary loans. Due to the high cost of interlibrary loans, there are rules involved: the Library expects that the patron make an honest effort to locate information within the HCC Library. No more than eight requests per person, per week. Overdue materials will assess fines: The requester is responsible for any charges accrued during the loan of the item.
- The Library assistant may refuse to make an interlibrary loan if she/he feels the requester has abused the privilege of borrowing. After two requests per item have not been successful, the Library will decline to try again. It is desirable that no one asks for interlibrary loans if the requester can obtain the item at another easily accessible library.
No interlibrary loans requests accepted the two weeks before the last day of the fall and spring semesters or summer sessions.
- Sixteen computers and a printer for public use are located in the library
- Sixteen Laptops are available for in-house check out at the Circulation Desk.
- Seven older laptops can be checked out overnight.
- Must leave your HCC Student ID with the librarian on duty.
- You may send a Fax from at the Library for $1.00 per page.
- Under 10 copies are free.