On September 8, 2020, Highland Community College, friends, local businesses and supporters... Read More
For Immediate Helpdesk Questions or Assistance:
- Forgot your HCC password: Click HERE
- Contact: The IT Helpdesk
- By Phone: (785) 442-6060
- To Submit a Request Directly email: email@example.com
For Assistance with Canvas:
- Contact: Canvas Support Hotline
- By Phone: 877-323-8037
- By Chat & Email: Available by using the Help Center Question Mark ? icon in your HCC Canvas account.
For "On-Ground" Technical Issues:
Such as Classroom Hardware Support, Hardware Orders, or Additional Hardware Troubleshooting.
- Contact: The HCC IT Team
- Create a Ticket By Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Submit a New Hardware Issue or Track an HCC IT Team Ticket Directly: See Details Below
- Click on the following link to access Track-IT: "HCC IT Work Orders" (Faculty & Staff Only)
- Select “Manage Work Order Requests"
- Select “Add a New Work Order.
- Fill out the information and click the “Submit” button.
- You can also log in using the link above to track the completion of your requests and review the issue resolution notes.
Additional Support Information
Highland Network Usage - Student Info
- If you are a student looking for answers to specific IT questions and/or Highland network info, please click here.
- For MyHCC training materials, please visit the Intranet. If you need instruction on how to do this, please click here.
Most Commonly-Used Technology Links
- Wireless Information
- Logging into your MyHCC
- Registering Online
- Making an Online Payment
- Configuring Email on iOS Devices
- Configuring Email on Android Devices
- Signing up for Highland RaveAlerts
- Network Policies
- Videos: MyHCC and Email - Student
- myLogin | HCC Single Sign-On (SSO) (How-to)
- myLogin | HCC Single Sign-On (SSO) (Videos)
HCC provides Microsoft Office to every student free of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, is available to download and use to best prepare you for class. As long as you’re a student here and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
When using the Microsoft Online app, only Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint are available.
When students download and install the Office 2019 applications they have access to the full Office suite:
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use 1TB of storage in OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file fidelity
- Learn everything Here: Office 365 Student Resources
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
- For PC and Mac:
- Visit login.microsoftonline.com
- Login with your MyHCC email address
- On the Highland Community College Office365 Home page click Install Now
- For iOS and Android:
- Download from your app store
- Go here for more info: https://products.office.com/en-us/mobile/office
- Sign in with your school credentials for full editing capability
You will need your MyHCC account to sign in. If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: http://aka.ms/office365help.
Help Us Help You
How To Report A Problem
- If your computer displayed any error messages, please write them down or copy them into an email so that you can tell us exactly what they said.
- Tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred (e.g., saving a file in Word 2016, shutting down the computer, etc.).
- Tell us what you've tried so far to solve the problem (e.g., restarting your computer, turning a printer off & back on, replacing printer ink cartridge, etc.).
- If you're not worried about losing unsaved data, try restarting your computer. Restarting fixes many computer problems. (If you are worried about losing anything, do not restart unless told to do so by the Helpdesk staff.).
- Call the Helpdesk and relay the above information. Depending upon the type of problem, Helpdesk personnel may also want to know:
- If this is a recurring or a new problem. If recurring, when did it start?
- If anything has changed recently on your computer (e.g., newly installed software).
- What operating system you use (Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.13 [macOS High Sierra], etc.).