The Highland Community College Technical Center is located in Atchison, 30 minutes south of Highland. Transportation to the Technical Center from the Highland campus is provided each weekday. The Tech Center offers the opportunity to expand your horizons and marketability in the technical field you enjoy, in two years or less. The programs offered are top-notch and cutting edge, the instructors are in-tune with the current demands of the marketplace, and the courses are hands-on.
Technical programs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Automotive Technology
- Auto Collision Repair
- Computer Support Technology
- Construction Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Early Childhood
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphics & Technologies
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Plumbing
- LPN to RN Completion Program
- Medical Office Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Welding Technology
To view the Gainful Employment information for each of these programs, please click the link below:
Fall 2017 Information
Atchison Halloween Parade October 28
Visit Day/Open House November 15
Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire - all students must complete.
- Justin Deeken was awarded second place in the high school division of Electrical Construction Wiring at the annual SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Championship Conference. The competition was held at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville June 19-23. Other students attending the National Competition were Gerald Clary (Industrial Motor Control), Joel Wiegand (Information Technology) and Justin Langley (Industrial Motor Control).
Check out the Career Placement and Student Employment page!
Open Enrollment for Accelerating Opportunities, AO-K Programs at HCCTC
Like us on Facebook! We're Highland Community College Technical and Atchison Center.
HCC RaveAlerts is changing to an opt-in service. To continue receiving texts please visit http://www.getrave.com/login/highlandcc
Technical Center Courses
Allied Health Fall 2017 Schedule (update 7/17/2017)
Atchison Regional Fall 2017 course offerings
Schedule WorkKeys entrance testing. WorkKeys is required for entrance into all technical programs.
Senate Bill 155- Tuition Free Technical Education for Kansas High School Students
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback is encouraging high school students to take advantage of the Free Tuition* offered through the State’s new Career and Technical Education Act (Senate Bill 155). So, how can high school students take advantage of Senate Bill 155? Below are several options:
High school juniors and seniors can attend Highland Technical Center without paying a penny in tuition and fees! The only cost to the student is entrance testing, supplies, and possibly uniforms and tools. Click here for the list of Technical Center programs . Additional technical program information flyer Page 1. Page 2.
- Other courses included within Senate Bill 155 are CNA, Anatomy, Nutrition, and many more. Contact a regional center for a complete list of course. These course are offered several ways:
- Concurrent (class offered during high school day)- student responsible for textbook fees
- Online - Student responsible for purchase of course textbook and materials
- Face to Face & Hybrid- student responsible for fees. Courses are offered at multiple locations within the HCC service area. Click here for a list of HCC locations.
* Subject to change by Kansas Board of Regents
Accelerating Opportunity Kansas (AO-K)
Highland Community College Technical Center is part of a National Initiative called Accelerating Opportunity. The AO-K program provides an opportunity for adults to gain new skills for high demand high wage jobs. With education and credentials beyond high school, students have better options in today’s economy. Students can choose from a variety of certificate programs with the possibility of working towards an associate degree.
Who can benefit?
Students with no high school diploma/GED and students interested in improving basic skills. The program also serves adults with families and people who haven’t been in school in years. AO-K helps students improve basic skills in reading, math, and writing....even if they didn’t finish high school or complete their GED! With a blend of hands-on skills with academic support, students will gain the skills and credentials necessary to start a new career.
HCCTC Career Pathways:
The program is a combination of hands-on learning and academic support. Below is a list of approved AO-K programs offered at HCCTC:
- Healthcare Occupations- includes Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Certified Medication Assistant (CMA), and Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Industrial Welding Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
For additional information contact Mary Johanning at 913-367-6204.
Technical Center Weather Cancellations
In the case of stormy weather, check the following for College closings:
HCC RAVE Text Alerts
KMBC Channel 9
KCTV Channel 5
KQTV Channel 2
WIBW Channel 13
KAIR Radio (93.7 FM/1470 AM)
Call the Atchison office for special messages at (913)367-6204
Our cancellations will be listed as “Highland Community College Technical Center." Decisions for evening classes may not be made until after 4 pm.
HCC Technical Center
Amy DuLac, Student Services and Admissions Representative
1501 West Riley Street
Phone: (913) 367-6204
Fax: (913) 367-3107