Guidelines for Use of Nelnet Payment Plans
- Students must be paid in full or signed up for the Payment plan by registration day each semester.
- Students who have not signed up for the plan or paid in full by close of business on registration day will be dropped from classes.
- Students may finance 90% of their semester bill and must pay 10% of their semester bill upon signing up for the payment plan.
- Students defaulting on payments will be dropped from classes (including campus housing & meal plan) immediately upon default. (Note: Drops will be made after the second try to debit the card which will be equivalent to about the 27th of each month.)
- Students defaulting on payments may not be allowed to access the payment plan for subsequent semesters.
- A $30 late fee will be charged for every payment missed.
- Balances more than 90 days past due will be sent to collections.
Cost to Participate
• $25 enrollment fee per term • $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned •10% of your anticipated balance.
Fall 2017 Payment Plans
|Payments||# of Payments||Last Day to Sign-Up||Payment Due Dates|
|Five Payments||5||June 23rd||July 5th, August 5th, September 5, October 5th, November 5th|
|Four Payments||4||July 27th||August 5th, September 5, October 5th, November 5th|
|Three Payments||3||August 24th||September 5, October 5th, November 5th|
|Two Payments||2||September 25th||October 5th, November 5th|
|One Payment||1||October 26th||November 5th|
Cost to Participate
• $25 enrollment fee per term • $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned • No down payment
Information you will need to sign-up for a payment plan
- Highland Community College ID number.
- Anticipated Balance
- The name and address of the person responsible for making the payments.
- Account information of the responsible person:
- If paying by automatic bank payments you will need the financial institutions name, phone number, account number, and the financial institution's routing number. (Most of this information is located on a check).
- If paying by credit card, you will need the credit card number, expiration date, and security code.
Click on the icon below to proceed to the payment plan portal.
If you have additional questions please access our FAQ document or contact Trey Collins 785-442-6001.