Highland Community College Technical Center offers an LPN to RN Completion Program which awards an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN). This is a two-semester program that allows licensed practical nurses to "bridge" to the next level of nursing.
The ADN: LPN to RN Completion Program enables the qualified LPN to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the entry level registered nurse. Through a series of courses that build upon the knowledge and experience of the LPN, the program encourages critical thinking skills, ethical principles, and legal practices of professional nursing established in the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Successful completion of this program enables the graduate to take the national licensure examination (NCLEX-RN ®) to become a registered nurse.
Please refer to this planning sheet link:
HCC Nursing Programs are approved by the Kansas State Board of Nursing (KSBN).
The curriculum for both the LPN - RN Program and the PN Program support the statewide alignment as outlined by the Kansas Post-Secondary Technical Education Authority (TEA) under the auspices of KBOR as approved by KSBN.
Students making application for the ADN: LPN to RN Completion Program must have an active LPN license. In addition, the following prerequisites are required:
- Human Growth and Development - 3 credit hours
- Human Anatomy and Human Physiology with labs - minimum of 5 credit hours. (There is a 7 year expiration date. If over 7 years, please contact the Nursing Department.)
- BS104 Human Anatomy with lab - 4 credit hours
- BS105 Human Physiology with lab - 4 credit hours
- General Psychology - 3 credit hours
- Microbiology with lab - minimum of 4 credit hours. (There is a 7 year expiration date. If over 7 years, please contact the Nursing Department.)
- BS 203 Microbiology with lab - 5 credit hours (BS 101 or BS 105 prerequisite)
- College English I - 3 credit hours
- College English II or Public Speaking or Oral Communications - 3 credit hours
- Computer Literacy Elective - 1 credit hour
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective - 3 credit hours
- IV Therapy Certification(click on link for class dates) 8/25/2017
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
Students must make application to the program by August 1 meeting all application requirements. Students should contact the nursing department to obtain an informational packet with comprehensive application requirements. The program begins in the spring semester and finishes after the summer semester. Twenty students are accepted to the program each year.
Come visit our Nursing Program to see if we are the right fit for you! Contact us at email@example.com or 913-367-6204 X146 to schedule your visit.
|NUR220||LPN to RN Transition||1|
|NUR225||Health Assessment and Advanced Nursing Skills||4|
|NUR230||Advanced Medical Surgical Nursing||6|
|NUR235||Advanced Mental Health Nursing||3|
|Total for First Semester||14|
|NUR245||High Risk Maternal-Child Nursing||2|
|NUR240||Nurse as Manager of Care||2|
|NUR250||Professional Nursing Practicum||4|
|Total for Second Semester||8|
|Total Credits for Certificate||22|