205 N. Prairie
Highland, KS 66035
The Walters Wellness Center provides a much needed recreation space for our students and community. It contains a large indoor area for activity classes, a spacious climate controlled area for community and college events, and indoor practice areas for track, baseball, and softball.
Wellness Center Director
Assistant Wellness Director
Dance and Spirit squad weight coach.
785-442-6140 Front Desk
The Wellness Center will be closing at 8:00PM Friday, August 23rd.
The Wellness Center track and courts will be closed Friday, August 30th and Saturday, August 31st all day long for a volleyball tournament. They will re-open after 5PM on Saturday.
The Wellness Center will not open until 2pm on Monday, September 2nd and close at 9pm for Labor Day.
The Wellness Center courts and track will be closed on Friday, September 6th for the Spirit Spreader until 6PM.
If there is incliment weather and school is closed. The Wellness center will not open that day until 7AM.
The Walters Wellness Center is closed on New Years' Day, Easter Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day, Memorial Day.
Monthly Membership Dues
Senior Citizen: Free (60 years & up)
Family: $25 (3+ persons)
Day Passes: $5 per person
Check out the CAMPS page for all upcoming clinics!
Rules and Regulations
- Please read all rule postings when entering the building.
- Dangerous or offensive acts, disregard for others, endangering the safety of others, or the use of profanity will NOT be tolerated.
- Children under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult (person of 18 years or older).
- A child under the age of 14 is not allowed to use the lifetime fitness equipment (cardio equipment strength training equipment) and must stay behind the guard rails.
- Children under the age of 10 must have direct contact with an adult at all times.
- A change of shoes is required when using the basketball court area.
- You must have a valid membership ID card to use the facility. This card must be brought in with you at each visit.
- All daily visits are required to show school issued ID and check in and out at the front desk.
- To receive volleyball or a basketball, an individual must leave his or her membership card with the front desk.
- An equipment orientation is highly recommended for all participants.
- No Tobacco (of any kind) Alcohol or Drugs
- No food, gum or drinks are allowed on the track/court area or the fitness area.
- No Pets
- No Loitering
- No Fighting.
- Shoes, Shirts and Pants to be worn at all times.
- No cut offs, street shoes, or bare midriffs will not be allowed
- Pants and shorts need to be worn at the waistline; no “sagging” is tolerated
- No radio or audio devices without headphones are allowed.
- No Cameras and/or camera phones allowed in the locker area
- Show courtesy to all building staff, facility and equipment. Staff will ask you to leave if you are not doing so.
- Make sure your participation does not deprive others of their enjoyment of the event or gymnasium.
- Do not take things that don’t belong to you. If something is left behind turn it into the information desk.
- It is the HCC student’s responsibility to follow the Student Code of Conduct as stated in the HCC handbook.
- Management reserves the right to enforce new or altered rules or policies when applicable.