Highland Community College is pleased to announce that Gregory Cary has been named the new Head... Read More
205 N. Prairie
Highland, KS 66035
The Walters Wellness Center provides a much-needed recreation space for our students and community. It contains a large indoor area for activity classes, a spacious climate-controlled area for community and college events, and indoor practice areas for track, baseball, and softball.
Wellness Center Director
Assistant Wellness Director
Dance and Spirit squad weight coach.
785-442-6140 Front Desk
Wellness center Summer hours will start Monday, May24th. We will be open M-Th 5:30am-8:00pm. Friday 5:30-5:00PM. Saturday 8am-3pm and 12-5PM on Sunday's.
Currently, we are NOT allowing sports teams to practice or any basketball games to be played. You must be 14 years old to come in without a guardian of 18 years or older.
We thank you for your patience and consideration.
Mon-Thurs 5:30 AM-8:00PM
Sunday-12PM to 5PM.
If there is inclement weather and school is closed. The Walters Wellness Center will not open that day until 7 AM.
The Walters Wellness Center is closed on New Years' Day, Easter Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day, Memorial Day.
Monthly Membership Dues
Senior Citizen: Free (60 years & up)
Family: $25 (3+ persons)
Day Passes: $5 per person
Check out the CAMPS page for all upcoming clinics!
Rules and Regulations
- Please read all rule postings when entering the building.
- Dangerous or offensive acts, disregard for others, endangering the safety of others, or the use of profanity will NOT be tolerated.
- Children under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult (person of 18 years or older).
- A child under the age of 14 is not allowed to use the lifetime fitness equipment (cardio equipment strength training equipment) and must stay behind the guard rails.
- Children under the age of 10 must-have direct contact with an adult at all times.
- A change of shoes is required when using the basketball court area.
- You must have a valid membership ID card to use the facility. This card must be brought in with you at each visit.
- All daily visits are required to show school-issued ID and check-in and out at the front desk.
- To receive volleyball or a basketball, an individual must leave his or her membership card with the front desk.
- An equipment orientation is highly recommended for all participants.
- No Tobacco (of any kind) Alcohol or Drugs
- No food, gum or drinks are allowed on the track/court area or the fitness area.
- No Pets
- No Loitering
- No Fighting.
- Shoes, Shirts, and Pants to be worn at all times.
- No cut-offs, street shoes, or bare midriffs will not be allowed
- Pants and shorts need to be worn at the waistline; no “sagging” is tolerated
- No radio or audio devices without headphones are allowed.
- No Cameras and/or camera phones allowed in the locker area
- Show courtesy to all building staff, the facility, and equipment. Staff will ask you to leave if you are not doing so.
- Make sure your participation does not deprive others of their enjoyment of the event or gymnasium.
- Do not take things that don’t belong to you. If something is left behind turn it into the information desk.
- It is the HCC student’s responsibility to follow the Student Code of Conduct as stated in the HCC handbook.
- Management reserves the right to enforce new or altered rules or policies when applicable.