Kirsten Reicherter, HCC Online student, knows the benefit of taking online classes at her own pace.... Read More
Up to two students may be selected from each Regional Center. Chosen students will receive a scholarship covering tuition and book rental for six credit hours per semester. Recipients must take a minimum of six credit hours at any Regional Center. The scholarship is for the following fall semester and is renewable for the spring semester if the student maintains a 2.5 GPA.
Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be a Kansas resident.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED by the start of the scholarship.
- Must be seeking a degree from Highland Community College.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours from Highland Community College with an overall GPA of 2.5.
- Scholarships may not be used for HCC online or technical programs at the Technical Center in Atchison
- The Scholarship is available for the fall and spring semesters.
To Apply for the Regional Scholarship
E-mail the Instructor Recommendation Form to the instructor who will serve as your reference.
- Ask the instructor to e-mail the completed form directly to the Regional Center Director.
- Answer the following 3 questions (EACH question should be answered with approximately 150 words) in a typed document that includes your name and regional center.
- Explain the importance of your major or area of interest in our society.
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
- State any personal or family circumstances affecting your need for this scholarship.
- Your recommendation and application should be taken to your Regional Director by April 18, 2023. Award recipients will be notified by May 12, 2023.
If you have questions concerning this scholarship, please consult with your Regional Director.