Up to ten, $500 scholarships may be awarded each year to students attending the regional campus centers. Students must enroll in at least six credit hours at a Regional Center to qualify.
Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be a Kansas resident
- Must have completed 12 hours of HCC coursework from a Regional Center with an overall GPA of 2.5.
- Must be degree seeking with Highland Community College.
- Scholarship is available for the fall and spring semesters only (not summer).
- Scholarships may not be used for HCC online or concurrent classes at a high school.
TO APPLY FOR THE REGIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Students should print off the Teacher Recommendation Form and deliver to the teacher of their choosing that will serve as a reference. You should also provide them an envelope with your name printed on the front. Return the sealed recommendation envelope with the teacher’s signature across the back flap and include with your application.
Type your name at the top right hand corner of your page and the regional center which you attend. Provide questions and answers on the same page.
Answer the following 3 questions (EACH question should be answered with approximately 150 words).
1. Explain the importance of your major or area of interest in our society.
2. Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
3. State any personal or family circumstances affecting your need for this scholarship.
Your recommendation and application should be taken to your Regional Director by May 15th. Award recipients will be notified by June 15th. If you have questions concerning this scholarship, please consult with your Regional Center Director.