On January 28, 2019, Highland Community College will host an up and coming musician and artist,... Read More
Up to ten, $500 scholarships may be awarded each year to students attending the regional campus centers. Students must enroll in at least six credit hours at a Regional Center to qualify.
Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be a Kansas resident.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED by the start of the scholarship.
- Must be seeking a degree from Highland Community College.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours from Highland Community College with an overall GPA of 2.5.
- Must be enrolled at least part-time at a Highland Regional Center – Wamego, Perry, Holton, Western Center (including Technical Programs), Atchison (excluding Technical Center programs).
- Must enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester, excluding online credit hours.
- Must complete a minimum of 6 credit hours, excluding online, with an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher each semester.
TO APPLY FOR THE REGIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Print off the Instructor Recommendation Form.
- Give the form and an envelope to the instructor who will serve as your reference.
- Ask them to return the sealed recommendation envelope with the teacher’s signature across the back flap and include with your application.
- Answer the following 3 questions (EACH question should be answered with approximately 150 words) in a typed document that includes your name and regional center.
- Explain the importance of your major or area of interest in our society.
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
- State any personal or family circumstances affecting your need for this scholarship.
- Your recommendation and application should be taken to your Regional Director by March 12th. Award recipients will be notified by March 29th.
If you have questions concerning this scholarship, please consult with your Regional Director.