For more than two decades HCC—Wamego has provided the educational framework that allows students to complete their academic endeavors and see their futures begin to unfold. Our welcoming environment offers a full range of courses ranging from the arts to physical sciences to wine making and vineyard management. All of our courses are taught by qualified instructors who bring not only high educational credentials but also real world experience. With class sizes no larger than 20, students are guaranteed the personal attention necessary to be successful.
Whether you are seeking an associate’s degree or just supplementing your class schedule from K-State or Washburn, HCC—Wamego has a class for you.
Get Your Summer and Fall Schedule Set Today!
Up to ten, $500 scholarships may be awarded each year to students attending the regional campus centers. Students must enroll in at least six credit hours at a Regional Center to qualify.
Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be a Kansas resident
- Must have completed 12 hours of HCC coursework from a Regional Center with an overall GPA of 2.5.
- Must be degree seeking with Highland Community College.
- Scholarship is available for the fall and spring semesters only (not summer).
- Scholarships may not be used for HCC online or concurrent classes at a high school.
- Students should print off the Teacher Recommendation Form and deliver to the teacher of their choosing that will serve as a reference. You should also provide them an envelope with your name printed on the front. Return the sealed recommendation envelope with the teacher’s signature across the back flap and include with your application.
- Type your name at the top right hand corner of your page and the regional center which you attend. Provide questions and answers on the same page.
- Answer the following 3 questions (EACH question should be answered with approximately 150 words).
1. Explain the importance of your major or area of interest in our society.
2. Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
3. State any personal or family circumstances affecting your need for this scholarship.
- Your recommendation and application should be taken to your Regional Director by May 15th.
- Award recipients will be notified by June 15th.
If you have questions concerning this scholarship, please consult with your Regional Center Director.
Not sure where to begin?
The HCC--Wamego staff members are committed to making your entry into the Highland Community College family a smooth transition. Please contact Kelly Priest, Student Services Representative or Diane Hinrichs, Director or call us at (785) 456-6006(785) 456-6006 to set up an advising appointment, learn more about a class or to update your application.
It's not too late to apply for financial aid for the Spring 2014 semester but you need to ACT NOW! To apply for financial aid complete the FAFSA and follow the steps outlined on our website. Do you still have questions? Contact Kelly Priest our Regional Student Services Representative.
HCC's Viticulture and Enology Program News
As you may know, HCC's Viticulture and Enology program is housed at the Wamego Center. Contact Scott Kohl, Program Director or Dominic Martin, Viticulture and Enology Professor and HCC Vineyard Manager at 785-456-6006785-456-6006 for more information or visit our webpage. Please visit our website for current class offerings. We look forward to serving the grape and wine industry through our continued partnerships with Kansas Sate University, the Kansas Department of Agriculture, and the Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Association (VESTA) grant.
Communities Served Through the Wamego Center
Alma • Rock Creek• Rossville • St. Mary's • Wamego
Wamego Weather Cancellations
In the case of stormy weather, check the following for college closings:
HCC RAVE Text Alerts
TV: WIBW Topeka CBS
Be sure that the words HCC and WAMEGO are included in the cancelation. Highland CC has over 40 sites, so be sure that you're in tune with the correct site.
HCC Wamego Center