Highland Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Highland Community College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, creed, disability, marital or parental status, in admissions, educational programs or activities, and employment as specified by federal and state laws and regulations.
- Refer to the position announcement for specific application requirements.
- Only complete application materials will be reviewed and considered.
- Each position must be applied for individually.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job description, will be considered.
- An application form must be completed in its entirety and signed.
- A resume is requested but does not replace any portion of the application form.
- A letter of application (cover letter) should accompany all materials.
- When requested in the announcement, unofficial transcripts will suffice during the application process (the exception being Adjunct Instructors). Certified transcripts will be required prior to any appointment being considered official.
- Complete application materials will be reviewed by a screening committee and a selected number of applicants will be invited for interviews. (See below for Adjunct Instructor process.)
- All applicants are notified of their status after a hiring recommendation is made, accepted, and approved by the President of the College.
- The College does not return application materials.
Join the HCC Adjunct Team!
Application Process for part-time Adjunct Instructors (on-site and online):
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Adjunct Instructor for Highland Community College. In addition to the required HCC application form, an official transcript from each institution of higher education that you attended must be provided to complete the application process. Official transcripts are defined as those sent directly from each of the institutions you attended to my office. Your file cannot be considered complete and will not be reviewed until we have these official transcripts (both graduate and undergraduate). Transcripts should be sent to the attention of Human Resources. Additional application materials such as a copy of any certifications may also be submitted with the packet. Please indicate on the application if you are interested in onsite or online courses, or both.
Please note that for most courses (except some vocational, remedial, and computer), 18 graduate hours in the field you wish to teach is a requirement. You may want to visit our website at www.highlandcc.edu for additional information about Highland Community College. Please note that our need for adjunct instructors varies from semester to semester and we cannot guarantee availability of classes every semester.
Once all application materials are received, your file will be reviewed for approval by the College.
HCC also accepts part-time Adjunct applications for Allied Health and Nursing instructors. Please visit the Available Positions link above to read more about those opportunities.
Online Instructors - Please note that we are currently set up for employment only in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
If you do not live within one of the above named states, we will not be able to consider your application at this time.
Highland Community College Does NOT Sponsor Employee VISA's
Because of interest we occasionally receive from people who are working in the U.S. under some type of sponsorship, or who are looking for sponsorship to come to the U.S., HCC is informing all applicants that we do not sponsor any sort of VISA. Anyone who comes to work for HCC must already be eligible to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We would like to consider your application, but also do not want you to go through the entire application process and then discover we do not provide sponsorship for employment in the U.S. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.