LPN to RN
Highland Community College Technical Center is offering an LPN to RN Completion Program which awards an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing (ADN). Commonly referred to as an ADN Bridge program, this course of studies is a two semester program for the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to "bridge" to the next level of nursing.
The LPN to RN Completion Program enables the qualified LPN to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the entry level Registered Nurse. Through a series of courses that build upon the knowledge and experience of the LPN, the LPN to RN Completion Program encourages critical thinking, ethical, and legal practice of professional nursing within the scope of practice established in the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Successful completion of this program enables the graduate to take the national licensure examination (NCLEX-RN ®) to become a registered nurse.
Here are some helpful resources:
Students making application for the LPN to RN program must have earned an LPN certification. In addition, the following pre-requisites are required:
- Human Growth and Development-3 credit hours
Human Anatomy & Human Physiology with lab - minimum of 5 credit hours. (There is a 7 year expiration date. If over 7 years, please contact the Nursing Department.)
- BS104 Human Anatomy with lab- 4 credit hours
- BS105 Human Physiology with lab- 4 credit hours
- General Psychology- 3 credit hours
- Microbiology with lab- minimum of 4 credit hours. (There is a 7 year expiration date. If over 7 years, please contact the Nursing Department.)
- College English I- 3 credit hours
- College English II or Oral Communications- 3 credit hours
- Microcomputer Application- 1 credit hour
- Humanities and Fine Arts Course- 3 credit hours
- IV Therapy Certification- Summer 2013 IV Schedule Summer 2013 IV Online Schedule
- CPR Certification
Students must make application to the program by September 15th meeting all application requirements. Students should contact the nursing department to obtain an informational packet with comprehensive application requirements. The program begins in the spring semester and finishes after the summer semester. Twenty students are accepted to the program each year.
Come visit our Nursing Program to see if we are the right fit for you! Call us at 913-367-6204 to schedule your visit.
|NUR220||LPN to RN Transition||1|
|NUR225||Adv. Nursing Skills||4|
|NUR230||Adv. Medical Surgical Nursing||6|
|NUR235||Adv. Mental Health Nursing||3|
|Total for First Semester||14|
|NUR245||High Risk Maternal-Child Nursing||2|
|NUR240||Nurse as Manager of Care||2|
|NUR250||Professional Nursing Practicum||4|
|Total for Second Semester||8|
|Total Credits for Certificate||22|