PTK Kansas-Nebraska Region Conventionpublished April 16, 2021
On April 9th and 10th, 2021, Highland Community College travelled to Labette Community College with PTK students Erica Whearty and Brianna Uhrich for the Kansas-Nebraska Region Convention that was being held in conjunction with the virtual International Convention, Catalyst. The Chapter Officer of Public Relations and former Kansas-Nebraska region Vice President of Public Relations, Luisa Honeywell, was also in attendance. A few highlights:
1. Beta Nu Omega was recognized as a three star chapter. Chapters can reach various levels of achievement based on their accomplishments and activities, ranking one through five.
2. Beta Nu Omega also earned a 2020 REACH chapter award. This award is granted to chapters that reach a member acceptance rate of 15% or higher.
3. Erica Whearty, Beta Nu Omega chapter president earned a scholarship from the Kansas-Nebraska Region Alumni Association to use in her future studies after graduating from HCC this May. Erica earned one of three scholarships awarded.
4. Lindsey Milburn, Beta Nu Omega chapter advisor was recognized for achieving 5-Star advisor status. The 5-Star advisor plan is a self-paced online curriculum for advisors to learn about PTK and help make chapters successful.
5. Several students were recognized for completing PTK EDGE programs. Phi Theta Kappa provides free, self-paced, online curriculums in college transfer, employment, professional development, research, and healthcare to help PTK students achieve all their academic goals. These programs are exclusive to Phi Theta Kappa students.
a. Students recognized:
- Alyssa Sheff (transfer EDGE, research EDGE)
- Hannah Shults (transfer EDGE, research EDGE, employment EDGE)
- Ashley Gano (transfer EDGE, research EDGE)
- Kathryn Deneault (research EDGE)
- Erica Whearty (research EDGE)
- Luisa Honeywell (transfer EDGE, employment EDGE)