Highland Creates Evening Class Schedule for Commuting Studentspublished August 9, 2013
Highland Creates Evening Class Schedule for Commuting Students
To meet the needs of a segment of its students, Highland Community College has created an evening schedule targeted especially for commuter students who might want to start their degree, pick up a course or two, or enhance specific skills. Highland campus students may also enroll in these courses. The College has created a page on its website to advertise this opportunity. This page is especially for part-time students who are not currently enrolled. It's intended to help them through the enrollment process. Current students can enroll in these courses as they would any course.
The website for these late afternoon/evening courses is: https://highlandcc.edu/pages/late-afternoon-evening-offerings
To address a primary concern of college students, students taking any six of these evening hours will receive a $100 discount. In addition, some options for commuters include:
- Spending most weekends from the end of September through mid-December taking Conversational Spanish (2), Word (1), Excel (1), Desktop Publishing (1), and Electronic Business Presentations (1).
- Spending Tuesday nights from 4:30-9:00 on campus taking Intro to Education (3-hybrid) and Children's Literature (3) or Public Speaking (3). Or if students want to travel to the College’s Klinefelter Barn just east of Hiawatha after Intro to Ed, they can take English Grammar (3)
Students wanting to commit two nights per week to campus courses have a variety of choices on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings including:
- Tuesdays-Intro to Ed (3) 4:30-6:00; Children's Lit (3) 6:00-9:00; Public Speaking (3) 6:00-9:00
- Wednesdays-Nutrition (3) 6:00-9:00; US Government (3) 6:00-9:00
- Thursdays-Beginning Algebra (3) 2:00-5:00 OR 6:00-9:00
Information about these courses is available at the website address or by calling 785.442.6020.