Highland Community College

International Students



For purposes of admission, international applicants are defined as all persons who are not citizens nor permanent residents of the United States.  An international applicant must meet ALL of the following requirements.


All documentation must be submitted at least three months prior to the beginning of the semester for which application is being made.


  1. Submission of an HCC application for admissions: http://highlandcc.edu/pages/apply
  2. Submission of official transcripts from all secondary schools and universities attended. Student must have a 3.0 minimum GPA on a 4.0 scale in secondary school. 

a.     If English translation is needed: Students must have their foreign credits evaluated by an accredited, independent agency such as:

World Education Services (www.wes.org),

Educational Perspectives (www.educational-perspectives.org),

or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (www.ece.org).

b.     If English translation is not needed: Transcripts must be mailed, faxed, or emailed directly from the institution to

HCC Student Services                     
606 W. Main                             Fax: 785-442-6106
Highland, KS 66035                       Email: admissions@highlandcc.edu

  1. Submission of evidence of the ability to communicate in English, which will permit reasonable academic progress, through the following methods:

a.     Completion of a minimum of 15 weeks in an approved Intensive Language Center OR

b.     A score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language

(TOEFL) of one of the following:

·         500 (paper-based)

·         173 (computer-based)

·         61 (internet-based)

  1. Submission an affidavit of support from a sponsor in the United States or abroad. A financial statement from a bank is suggested.
  2. Payment of $150 housing deposit and signed housing contract for HCC campus housing or provide written verification from a sponsor living within 30 mile radius of Highland campus or other HCC campus student is planning to attend.
  3. Payment of $100 I-20 processing fee, which is credited toward fees in the semester for which the I-20 is issued.
  4. Provide a copy of current passport (photo identification page).


Before receiving F-1 visa, student must pay the $200 SEVIS fee for the
I-901 document online at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901.



After arriving on campus and before enrolling, student must:

  1. Provide proof of adequate health insurance, which includes coverage for medical evacuation, repatriation, and medical coverage while in US.
  2. Provide copy of F-1 Visa to Student Services Office.
  3. Provide a negative Tuberculosis (TB) test obtained within the US. TB skin tests are valid for 24 months. TB chest X-rays are valid for exactly 5 years. A paper screening is required each year to know if further testing or medication is needed. Students with an x-ray must see a health professional for a review each year. A retest before the test expires is required or the student will not be allowed to enroll and/or attend classes.