Golfers gathered on June 25 at Spring Creek Golf Course in Seneca, Kansas to learn more about... Read More
Student Services Specialist for Concurrent and Online Programming
Full-Time Positions (With Benefits)
- Highland, KS
- Student Services
- July 15, 2019
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Basic understanding of college admissions, academic and career advising, enrollment/financial aid processes desired. 1-3 years experience in higher ed preferred. Must have excellent computer skills including Word and Excel. Valid driver's license required
This position will assist HCC Concurrent and Online students by providing admissions and enrollment support. Will develop, implement, enforce, and promote concurrent and online student resources and policies compliant with HCC policies and standards. Will provide academic advising to concurrent and online students. Hours worked will typically be daytime; however, evening and weekend hours may be scheduled occasionally. The position will work closely with both the Director of Concurrent Instruction and the Director of eLearning in order to complete job duties.
The job site for this position will be at the HCC Campus in Highland, Kansas.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with prospective, current, and returning students via face-to-face, email, phone, written correspondence, and social media.
- Participate in enrollment management initiatives such as enrollment days, recruitment activities and events, and other student services events as assigned.
-Provide orientation to concurrent and online students.
- Assist with student textbook processes.
- Provide academic advisement, course placement verification, and enrollment assistance.
- Administer placement testing and test proctoring.
- Perform data entry and data management in HCC's student information system (SIS), online enrollment management (OEM) database, and student record archive database.
- Partner withi faculty and staff in retention efforts of concurrent and online students.
- Assist with program, course, student, and instructor evaluation processes.
- Assist with inservice event planning and presentations.
- Maintain strict adherence to testing standardization, ethical requirements, and confidentiality.
- Project a positive image for HCC with a polite, helpful mannerism.
Request application packet for complete job description.
Highland Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Highland Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, creed, disability, marital or parental status, in admissions, educational programs or activities, and employment as specified by federal and state laws and regulations.