On September 8, 2020, Highland Community College, friends, local businesses and supporters... Read More
Student Conduct and Compliance Officer
Full-Time Positions (With Benefits)
- Highland, KS
- Student Services
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three years related higher education experience preferred. Criminial Justice experience helpful.
The Student Conduct & Compliance Officer will assist with administering the student disciplinary process by adjudicating disciplinary cases as assigned by the Vice President for Student Services. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance through the implementation and monitoring of federal and state mandated initiatives, including but not limited to, Titles VII, Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, ADA/Section 504 and related laws and regulations.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Strong understanding of Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, etc.
- Familiarity with electronic student conduct management systems
- Working knowledge of relevant college district, state and federal policies related to student conduct
- Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to student conduct cases in a timely manner
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Direct HCC's Student Discipline Process; conduct hearings for students who have allegedly violated Codes of Conduct;
- Coordinate student disciplinary actions with appropriate offices;
- Collaborate with local law enforcement agencies in the prevention, control and investigation of activities impacting HCC personnel, students and facilities as related to the Clery Act;
- Conduct training meetings and present bystander awareness training on VAWA, Title IX, Mandatory Reporting, Campus Security Authority (CSA), and academic dishonesty workshops for staff, faculty and students.
For full description of duties, request application packet.
Highland Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Highland Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, creed, disability, marital or parental status, in admissions, educational programs or activities, and employment as specified by federal and state laws and regulations.