Help Us Help You
How To Report A Problem
- If your computer displayed any error messages, please write them down or copy them into an email so that you can tell us exactly what they said.
- Tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred (e.g., saving a file in Word 2010, shutting down the computer, etc.).
- Tell us what you've tried so far to solve the problem (e.g., restarting your computer, turning a printer off & back on, replacing printer ink cartridge, etc.).
If you're not worried about losing unsaved data, try restarting your computer. Restarting fixes many computer problems. (If you are worried about losing anything, do not restart unless told to do so by the Help Desk staff.).
- Call the Help Desk and relay the above information. Depending upon the type of problem, Help Desk personnel may also want to know:
- If this is a recurring or a new problem. If recurring, when did it start?
- If anything has changed recently on your computer (e.g., newly installed software).
- What operating system you use (Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS 10.7 [Lion], etc.).
Contacting the Help Desk is the quickest way to
get immediate assistance with any technical need.
- Click on the following link to: "Submit An IT Work Order" (Faculty & Staff Only)
- Select “Manage Work Order Requests”
- Select “Add a New Work Order”
Fill out the information and click the “Submit” button.